This residence is located high on the cliff facing north overlooking the bay. The original 1882 cottage dwelling of single skin construction was raised in 1995 and modified to adapt to a contemporary lifestyle. The house was raised to suit a home office under and opened up in subtle ways to provide a degree of open plan living. A rigorous attempt was made to retain as much of the existing fabric as possible with the exception of the replacement of the dilapidated veranda with a new grand piano shaped balcony. Stage 2 began in 1996 with a pavilion extension comprising the main bedroom with car parking under and again preserving the original main pyramidal roof structure as the jewel in the crown.